Tutorials: Building & Sustaining Community Partnerships
37 slides, approximately 20 minutes
This tutorial provides an overview of coalition development and the basic components necessary to determine your group’s needs. These topics range from identifying the goals and reasons for developing a coalition to a realistic assessment of your group’s capacity. Lastly, we review various organizational structures and provide examples of existing coalitions and their chosen organizational structure.
- To take this tutorial online, please click here (There will be a quiz and additional activities at the end).
- To download a PDF of this tutorial, please click here (This is the tutorial slides only).
- To download the toolkit for this tutorial, please click here (This includes references, quiz, answer sheet, and additional activities).
NOTE: You will only receive a certificate of completion if you do the tutorial online.
By the end of this tutorial, you will:
- Be able to recognize the reasons for forming a coalition
- Know how to identify the most common goals of a coalition
- Understand how to assess your group’s needs and the capacity of your members
- Have the skills to recognize the variety of coalition organizational structures