In order to be designated as a Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace, businesses must have the following:
- Reasonable break time for working mothers to pump breast milk each time they need to throughout the day
- One or more permanent breastfeeding rooms, or a clean, private, and safe space with an outlet, other than a toilet stall that mothers can use for lactation when needed
- A working sink near the breastfeeding location where mothers can clean pumping equipment
- The lactation support (a place to pump and break time) is communicated to all current and future employees
In order to be designated as a Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace Champion, businesses must have all of the above, in addition to:
- A written policy to support workplace lactation that meets minimum federal law requirements
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your workplace is not ready to become a Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace, but you would like to discuss/get help with specific difficulties or challenges you might have.