<< Return to Louisiana Workplace Breastfeeding Support Program
The Louisiana Workplace Breastfeeding Support Program:
- Seeks to inform employers in New Orleans about the federal law that supports breastfeeding employees.
- Freely assists employers in complying with the law by providing them with information and tools to establish workplace lactation programs.
- Designates businesses as Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplaces and Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace Champions.
We provide any of the following:
- Examples of how other similar businesses have complied with the law in terms of a lactation space and policy on break time
- Materials and equipment to put into a lactation space or referrals for where to get equipment
- Guidance on how to market and easily evaluate a lactation program
Contact us with questions and concerns:
- Caitrin Alb, Breastfeeding Initiatives Coordinator at the Mary Amelia Center
- Marci Brewer-Asling, Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition