On March 18, 2014 the Mary Amelia Center partnered with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Wage and Hour Division, to host an event for employers, managers, or human resources personnel in New Orleans. The seminar featured information and resources to help employers comply with laws that affect women.
Presenters included the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division, the Women’s Bureau, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Mary Amelia Center. The presenters covered the following topics:
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers Law
- Louisiana Workplace Breastfeeding Support Program
- Gender inequality in the workplace
- Discrimination against women in the workplace
A similar event is being planned for October!